Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Black Sun

I downloaded my first Kindle book yesterday, it's called 'The Black Sun, Montauk's Nazi-Tibetan Connection' by Peter Moon. Is it the most well written book I've ever read? I'd have to say no, there are some glaring factual inaccuracies and spelling errors in it and he does tend to ramble and jump off at tangents somewhat but what redeems it for me anyway, is that it is hugely entertaining and in parts, very funny (the story about Bobby Kennedy taking LSD made me laugh out loud,the scientist who manifested a 'monster from the Id' which went on to destroy his lab story, had me in stitches and the whopper about the guy who traveled around America in a UFO with eight beautiful women, while partying made me start choking 'cause I laughed so hard) .If an author's job is to entertain their readers, then Mr Moon has surely succeeded with this work. For sheer diversity of exotic, esoteric, stimulating, outrageous and outlandish subject matter, it takes a lot of beating. If you enjoyed L Ron's Dekalog, Robert Anton Wilson's 'The Illuminatus Trilogy', Ravenscroft's 'The Spear of Destiny', then you'll love this one.........

No comments:

Post a Comment